Add a little spring flair inside the home with a simple and beautiful do-it-yourself project. This Easter themed display of pastel colored eggs, pretty birds, is perfect to put on the mantel, bookcase, or shelving unit. With costs as low as $12 to buy the supplies and less than 15 minutes to make, you will have an excellent piece to transition to the new season.
Items you will need:
- Glass hurricane candleholders
- Tapered glass candleholders
- Polyresin decorative birds
- Krylon Spray Paint in Dover White (Gloss Finish)
- Decorative speckled eggs
- Gorilla Glue
Learn where to buy the materials at Salt and Pepper Moms.
- Remove the stickers from the glass pieces and give them a quick wash.
- Glue the candleholder to the hurricane glass.
- Spray paint the birds. Make sure to apply the spray paint in thin even coats. Wait one minute in between coats. Apply four coats for the best results.
- Put the moss in the bottom of the hurricane glasses and then put the eggs on top.
- Arrange the glasses along with the birds as you would like.
What a fun and easy craft to do before the Easter holiday. Share your version of this project on RedPlum’s Facebook page.
For more do-it-yourself activities, visit the Savings Blog.