Are you thinking about updating one or more rooms of your apartment or home? However, you have limited funds to get the items or to do the projects that you would like. Just start on one project at a time. Whether, that is painting an old furniture piece a different color, hanging new drapes, changing the light fixture, or adding art to the walls, there are plenty of ways to revamp a room on a budget.
Here are five ways you can upgrade your home (on the weekend too).
1. Wall art. Consider taking your walls to the next level using a stencil or painting tape to create a unique design. From polka dots, bold stripes, and more, this project is easy and inexpensive. Get inspired by these creative wall ideas.
2. Door wreath. Hanging a wreath on the door is not only for special occasions and holidays, but you can also change wreaths seasonally. There are tons of ideas to give the front, side, or back door extra flair. Learn how to make one wreath for all seasons.
3. Headboard. From tufted to a weathered wood style look, creating the perfect headboard is not hard to do. Use items you may already have such as fabric, wood, old doors, paint, or books to create the design. Take a look at 101 Headboard Ideas That Will Rock Your Bedroom for incredible inspiration.
4. Outdoor lighting. If you have a porch or an area outside that you can light such as these mason jar lanterns, then try this minimal project. Add an incredible touch of ambient lighting for entertaining.
5. Decorate shelves. Bare shelves are boring. Make an impact in the room showcasing photos and the things that reflect your personality. Add books, flowers or vases in varying shapes to play with color and size. Read Let me See Your Shelfie for style ideas.
For more easy do-it-yourself ideas to upgrade your space, click here.